ConceptKCTCS/KCTCSConcept Advising FAQs | Jefferson Community & Technical College

Advising FAQs

What is an academic program code and where do I find it?

An academic program code identifies what area of study or major you are going to pursue at Jefferson.  Your academic advisor will help make sure you have the correct code. 

If you are a new student to Jefferson and are filling out an application just use the academic program code for 'Undecided' which is 0001000000. 

For more information please contact the advising center.

What are the hours of the Southwest Advising Center?

Call the Advising Center at 502-213-7377 to setup an appointment with an advisor. 

The Advising Center is located in the Student Center, Room 100-A. 

Students with 18+ hours and who have completed an APP may register online through your Student Self Service Access.

What are the hours for the Downtown Advising Center?

The Advising Center is located in the Jefferson Educational Center, room 606. 

Hours of operation can be found on the Advising Center web page. 

View the academic calendar for registration information. 

Please email or call 502-213-2277 to schedule an appointment.

How do I contact an advisor on the Bullitt County Campus?

Please call 502-213-4151 or stop by Student Services (Room 102) to schedule an appointment.

How do I contact an advisor on the Carrollton Campus?

All JCTC Carrolton Students have been assigned advisors to help answer every day questions and prepare their APPs (Academic Program Plans). 

Call the campus as 502-732-4846, to setup an appointment

View the list of advisors on the Carrollton Campus.

How do I contact an advisor on the Downtown Campus?

Advising Center Location:  Jefferson Education Center, room 606
Advising Center Phone:  502-213-2277

For information about our Transfer Center please visit, the Transfer Center web page.

How do I contact an advisor on the Shelby County Campus?

Students should contact their individual faculty advisor for an appointment or call 502-213-3614, Student Services (Room 104) to set up an appointment.

How do I contact an advisor on the Southwest Campus?

Call 502-213-7377, go to the Advising Center in the Student Center or see your faculty advisor.

How do I contact an advisor on the Technical Campus?

Advisors are available Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday 8:30am - 5:00pm 

Their offices are located in Building B, room 109 at 727 W. Chestnut.

Tony Leslie:   502-213-4272

Kaye Lafferty:   502-213-4184