Values and Vision
- Guiding Values: We believe that learning changes people s lives.
- Toward that end, we value:
- Learning: We value learning and place learners first.
- Diversity: We value diversity and embrace the diverse communities we serve.
- Innovation: We value innovation and serve as innovative learning partners with internal and external constituents.
- Continuous Improvement: We value continuous improvement in all our processes and policies.
- Accountability: We value accountability and exhibit responsible stewardship of the resources with which we are entrusted.
- Celebration: We value celebration and revere the creativity and accomplishments of learners.
- People: We value people and trust, respect, and care for those with whom we work and serve.
- Vision: From these values, Jefferson Community and Technical College will become an environment of hospitality and creativity where individual lives and human community can flourish through access to quality-driven, learner-centered education.
OUR VISION IS REALIZED WHEN:
- Individual Success:
- Students with a variety of skill sets and from diverse backgrounds can become participatory members of the larger community by developing the skills and knowledge base necessary to become self-actualizing citizens.
- Students can gain entry to and advance in the workplace, resulting in pay commensurate with skills attained and personal goals.
- Students can transfer to further education consistent with skills attained and personal goals.
- Barriers to accessing education and training are minimized and the College provides the resources necessary for a diverse learning community to achieve.
- Services, practices, and programs embody the ideals of an open and democratic society.
- Workforce Development and Partnership Initiatives:
- A vibrant and dynamic community of learners provides existing employers a competitive edge in business and industry and attracts additional employers to our service area.
- Stakeholders throughout our service area recognize and value the synergy created when sharing resources, ideas, and opportunities with the College through training and outreach.
- Community Value and Connection:
- The College is widely recognized as a vital component of the community, an energizing force to address common issues, and a source of pride.
- The College is a center of lifelong learning, personal growth, and values development resulting in an improved quality of life for the members of our community.