Upon the discovery of a fire, explosion, or smoke in a building, activate the fire alarm and/or notify occupants of the possible danger.
- Call 911 and provide the address, building name, and floor of the fire or smoke
- Contact Campus Safety and provide the same information as above.
- Immediately evacuate the building using your preplanned evacuation routes.
- Do not use elevators.
- If possible, provide assistance to mobility impaired individuals.
- If it is not possible for you to assist these individuals, call Campus Safety or your local emergency contact.
- Do not attempt to extinguish the fire.
- Once out of the building, gather at the preplanned rally point.
- Do not re-enter the building or leave the campus until told to do so by Campus Safety or your local emergency contact.
- If someone is injured during the fire or evacuation, call 911 and then Campus Safety.
- Report damage to the appropriate campus contact.