Campus Safety Officers will act as first responders to all emergencies that occur
on campus property until relieved by Emergency Responders, i.e. Police, Fire, EMS.
All persons should prioritize activities and tasks in response to emergencies for:
- All immediate response activities should be focused to save the lives of affected
person(s), and reduce the risk of further loss of life or injury to members of the
Protection of Property:
- After the protection of life, all measures should be focused on the protection of
- After establishing the safety of college property focus shall shift to the protection
of personal property on campus.
Protection of the Environment:
- After safeguarding the lives and property of the college, officers will then assist
with any environmental impact considerations that have occurred as a result of the
initial incident or in response to the emergency.
Return to/Protection of Basic Services:
- The last phase during an emergency will be to protect basic services and to return
to normal business operations.
Basic Emergency Procedures:
- All members of the college community are encouraged to be fully aware of emergency
procedures established by JCTC.
- These emergency procedures can be found in the JCTC Emergency Procedures Guide (flip
chart) and by clicking the links under Emergency Procedures to the left.