- A tornado watch means severe weather is possibly approaching.
- Continue normal activities, but continue to monitor the situation.
- A warning means a tornado is in the local area.
- Tell others in the building.
- Stay indoors and away from windows until the storm passes.
- Move to the nearest tornado shelter, or the lowest possible area.
- Remember to remain away from windows, glass and objects that may become flying debris.
- Basements, interior hallways on the lower floors, and small interior rooms on the
lower floors offer the best shelter.
- After danger has passed, immediately report injuries to 911.
- Provide the following information:
- Type of emergency
- Location of the victim
- Condition of the victim
- Any dangerous conditions
- Notify Campus Safety, and provide the same, above, information.
- Immediately leave a badly damaged building and do not attempt to return to the building
unless directed to do so by Campus Safety or emergency responders.
- Do not attempt to turn utilities or equipment on or off.