The safety and security of everyone on JCTC s campus is a priority and you are encouraged to take a few minutes to review your surroundings and proper safety procedures
- If you hear gunshots or get a message that there is a shooter in the area:
- Get Out; If you can get out of the area safely, do so quickly
Hide Out; if you must hide
- Lock or block all doors
- Turn out the lights
- Avoid windows and silence cell phones
- Be very quiet
- Spread out; do not huddle in groups.
- Take Out; if you are forced to confront the gunman, use whatever you have to distract him/her. Yell and throw books, purses, equipment, whatever is at hand. Commit and be forceful.
Call 911 whenever it is safe to do so
Notify your Professor, or Supervisor, as soon as it is safe to do so. If you cannot reach them directly please leave a voice message or send an email so that they can account for you.