Welcome to Safety Maters. These Brief memos will be sent from time-to-time to remind faculty, staff and students of important safety issues.
The safety and security of everyone on JCTC s campus is a priority and you are encouraged to take a few minutes to review your surroundings and property safety procedures.
- If you discover a fire in a building, activate the fire alarm or call 911 and notify occupants of possible danger.
- Call Campus Security at 502-213-7777 or 37777
- Immediately evacuate the building, using your preplanned evacuation routes.
- Do NOT use elevators.
- If possible, assist mobility impaired individuals.
- If that is not possible, notify Campus Safety or emergency responders of their location.
- Do NOT attempt to extinguish the fire.
- Once out of the building, gather at your preplanned assembly area.