Mental Health Emergencies or Intoxication
The safety and security of everyone on JCTC s campus is a priority and you are encouraged to take a few minutes to review your surroundings and proper safety procedures
MENTAL HEALTH EMERGENCIES/INOXICATION:
- Attend to the individual; remain calm.
- Speak in a soft voice and maintain eye contact.
- Do not threaten in anyway.
- Send someone, if possible to summon assistance
- Isolate the person from contact with other students, faculty and staff, if possible.
- Encourage the person to talk about his/her experience or feelings
- Do not restrain the person unless it is absolutely necessary to protect yourself.
- If intervention is necessary, act slowly and calmly
- Protect the individual s privacy
- Do not leave the individual alone
- Communicate with the individual to reassure him/her and to dispel rumors
- Notify appropriate person (supervisor, campus dean, human resources, etc.)
Campus Security: 502-213-7777 or 37777