Office of Diversity, Inclusion, and Community Engagement
The Office of Diversity, Inclusion, and Community Engagement (ODICE) is committed to promoting an inclusive learning environment by enhancing college and community efforts to recruit and retain minority students. It will serve as a resource and advocate for the Jefferson community on issues of diversity, inclusion and equity while promoting the success of all students through programs, services and community partnerships that holistically address cultural, educational, and civic growth.
The goals of ODICE are:
- Support minority and underrepresented student populations (e.g. students of color, LGBTQ-IA, women, international students, students with disabilities, and etc.) in their academic, personal and professional development
- Provide opportunities for all students, staff, faculty and community partners to increase their cultural competence
- Acknowledge and celebrate difference among ethnic and cultural groups on our campus.
- Build partnerships in the Louisville community to address achievement gaps, educational needs and diversity challenges
- Foster an environment that supports exploration of various identities and intersections.
The Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) recognizes that the quality of instruction and educational opportunities for all are enhanced when the diversity of the community served is represented in the student and workforce population. The KCTCS Office of Multicultural Affairs and the 16 diversity officers at each of the colleges are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) programs which promote diversity and remedy the underrepresentation of women and people of color.
Hours of Operation:
- Monday-Friday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Are you lactating? Need a private space? Visit Health Sciences Hall Room 442 for assistance.
The Multicultural Center is located on the Downtown Campus in the Chestnut Hall, room B14