What is it?
- The placement test is a computerized, three-part test that determines your course placement in reading, English, and math.
- All tests are untimed; however, plan for 3 hours.
Who needs it?
- All credential seeking students who do not meet the college readiness benchmarks on
any of the approved methods of assessment and placement listed below:
- ALEKS PPL
- ASSET (not administered after November, 2016)
- COMPASS (not administered after November, 2016)
- EdReady Diagnostic
- EdReady Study Path
- GED College Readiness
- GPA (Cumulative unweighted high school GPA at the end of the first semester senior year)
- TABE 9/10-A (not administered after October, 2018)
What Should I bring?
*All placement testing is currently conducted remotely online
- A valid, non-expired photo ID.
- Scrap Paper
- Calculators are permitted.
Where to take the test?
- All placement testing is currently conducted remotely online.
Do my scores expire?
- Reading and Writing scores are valid for four years.
- Scores for math are valid for two years.
- Assessment Placement Scores
Reading & English:
For reading: use the Next-Generation Reading Sample Questions
For English: use the WritePlacer Guide with Sample Essays
Click on the “Practice Exams,” any of the Math College Readiness or the Math College Algebra Practice Tests will give you a good idea of what will be on the test, and help you study.
ESL (English as a Second Language):