Downtown Testing Hours
Downtown Campus walk-in testing hours for CURRENT (in class this semester), RETURNING (previously attended Jefferson), TRANSFER (coming from another college), and RETEST (retest after initial assessment) students.
There is a $7.00 fee to retest any part of the placement test except for the math section.
Dates are subject to change.
The Downtown Assessment Center is located in Health Sciences Hall, room 376.
|Date||Hours||Must be logged in by|
New (first-time college students) may schedule an appointment for placement testing.
- View the list of available sessions
- There is a $7.00 retest fee for each part of the placement test except for the math section.
Free Tutorials, Practice Tests and Sample Questions
Reading & Writing:
- For reading: use the Next-Generation Reading Sample Questions
- For English: use the WritePlacer Guide with Sample Essays
- Select “Free Practice Tests for ACT” for Reading & Writing only. Avoid the sections that want to charge you for materials.
- There is a free test (you will get results through your email). There is also an extensive grammar tutorial (menu #2)
- Click on the “Practice Exams,” any of the Math College Readiness or the Math College Algebra Practice Tests will give you a good idea of what will be on the test, and help you study.
- Select the math tab and get clear instructional videos on basic math, pre-algebra and algebra 1.
ESL (English as a Second Language):