Downtown Campus Walk-in Testing Schedule
The Downtown Campus Assessment Center is located at 110 W Chestnut Street in Health Sciences Hall, room 376.
Downtown Campus walk-in testing hours are for:
- CURRENT (in class this semester),
- RETURNING (previously attended Jefferson),
- TRANSFER (coming from another college), and
- RETEST (retest after initial assessment) students.
Walk-in testing hours have been cancelled
For further assistance, please email us at:
There is a $7.00 retest fee for each part of the placement test except for the math section.
Free Tutorials, Practice Tests and Sample Questions
Reading & Writing:
- For reading: use the Next-Generation Reading Sample Questions
- For English: use the WritePlacer Guide with Sample Essays
- Select “Free Practice Tests for ACT” for Reading & Writing only. Avoid the sections that want to charge you for materials.
- There is a free test (you will get results through your email). There is also an extensive grammar tutorial (menu #2)
- Click on the “Practice Exams,” any of the Math College Readiness or the Math College Algebra Practice Tests will give you a good idea of what will be on the test, and help you study.
- Select the math tab and get clear instructional videos on basic math, pre-algebra and algebra 1.
ESL (English as a Second Language):