Testing Center Policies
All registration is encouraged as early as possible. First-time students must register for a placement test appointment prior to testing. Students requesting proctored mid-term or final exams must make an appointment in advance of testing. Occasionally, same day appointments are available; however, there is no guaranteed availability.
Students who require accommodations due to a disability must coordinate testing services with the Access*Ability Resource Center (ARC). Please contact the ARC at (502) 213-7127 or email@example.com to discuss testing accommodations and guidelines.
All Assessment Centers operate under the Jefferson inclement weather policy. Students are strongly encouraged to register with KCTCS Snap Alerts.
A valid, non-expired, and acceptable photo ID is required to test or discuss test results. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Jefferson assessment staff has the sole discretion for determining the validity and acceptability of any ID presented. If you have concerns about the acceptability of your ID or questions about our ID policy, please contact Stephanie Graney, Director of Assessment in advance of your testing date.
- Current high school student ID with name, photo, birthday or ID number
- Most current, valid, US government issued photo ID
- JCTC (or any KCTCS college issued) ID Card
- Passport from a country other than the US
- Kentucky driver’s license or state ID
- Other state driver’s license
- Permanent Resident Card
- Certificate of Citizenship
- Federal Work Permit
- Tribal ID Card
- US Passport
- Military ID
- Report Card
- Birth Certificate
- Webpage photo
- Employee ID Cards
- Social Security Card
- Printed school records
- School yearbook photos
- Hunting or Fishing License
- Fitness Center or Shopping Club Card
- Documents with unrecognizable photographs
- Identification letters written on behalf of the tester
- Photographs or images of the acceptable form of identification
- Documents that are worn, torn, tattered, other otherwise damaged that it renders any part of the text illegible or photograph unrecognizable
- Test-takers must leave large items such as backpacks and purses in their vehicle.
- No children. Children are not allowed in the testing room and may not be left unattended.
- No food or drink in the testing room.
- No electronic devices. Cell phones, tablets, MP3 players, watches, or any other electronic or internet capable devices are STRICTLY PROIBITED in the testing room.
- No hats or jackets. Hats, jackets, hoodies, and other outer wear may not be worn in testing rooms.
- No talking. Students are requested to keep noise to a minimum
- Students may only leave the testing room while in-between sections.
- Students who exit the testing room and then resume their test will be reported for a potential test violation
Failure to follow these policies may result in the following, including, but not limited to: removal from testing room, invalidation of test scores, faculty and or administration notification, or possible disciplinary action as covered in the Code of Student Conduct.