Adding a new online course/program
The following checklist is intended for faculty and staff involved with the planning, developing, and implementation process of offering a new online course at JCTC.
- Class entered into PeopleSoft with "Z" in third position of section number (or "H" if it is a Hybrid)
- Instructor name is assigned to class
- Instruction mode set to "BW" (Online) / "HB" (Hybrid)
- eLearning fees are set accordingly in the eLearning fee panel (see eLaunch Kit appendix)
- eQuality form has been completed - See Course Review Process
- eQuality form and syllabus on file with the Office of eLearning prior to start of semester
- The eQuality form is only required for the primary course section.
- It is not required for courses/instructors that are utilizing the same content as the primary course.
- Additionally, an updated form is only required if substantial changes are made to the original course.
- Copy of class syllabus filed at Division
- Syllabus contains predetermined Student Learning Outcomes
- Student Learning Outcomes have been identified for specific courses within each department/program.
- These outcomes will be assessed in the fall semester using a specified instrument, and results will be submitted to the instructor's Department Head/Program Coordinator.
- This data is then compiled by Department Head/Program Coordinator and sent to Jo Zausch in the spring semester.
- Textbook request form submitted to KCTCS online bookstore
- Class information submitted to Coordinator on KYVC
- Class made "available" in Blackboard no later than the posted start date
- Class contains Evaluation of Instruction
- Original transcripts on file in CAO's office or Provost's office
- Transcript copy emailed to Executive Director for eLearning Initiatives
- Instructor has received mandatory Blackboard Certification
- Verification is on file with Division and Office of eLearning