Set up a Skype for Business meeting in Outlook
You can use Outlook or Outlook Web App to schedule a Skype for Business meeting—the
same way you schedule meetings normally but with one or two extra clicks. If your
account is configured for dial-in conferencing, the Skype for Business meeting request
will automatically include call-in information (phone number and conference ID).
Skype for Business Online users: If you don’t use an Outlook program or Outlook Web
App in a browser that supports the full version of Outlook Web App, you can set up
new meetings by using the Skype for Business Web Scheduler.
Schedule a Skype for Business meeting using Outlook
- Open Outlook, and go to your calendar.
- On the Home tab, in the Skype Meeting section, select New Skype Meeting. If you don't
see the Skype Meeting section, then you need to install Skype for Business.
- Set up the meeting as you typically would:
- In the To box, type the email address of each person you’re inviting, separated by
- In the Subject box, type a name for the meeting
- If you’ll have in-person attendees, either select Room Finder, in the Options section
on the Meeting tab, and then find a room, or in the Location box, type a meeting location,
such as a conference room.
- Select a start time and end time.
- Notes: To look for a time that works for everyone, select Scheduling Assistant, in the Show
section on the Meeting tab.
- In the meeting area, type an agenda. Be careful not to change any of the Skype for
Business meeting information.
- Important: Scheduling a meeting with the default options, like we just did, is suitable for
small, internal meetings, such as casual meetings with a few coworkers. If you have
a meeting with people outside your company, or you’re scheduling a large event, change
the meeting options before sending the invites to better fit your meeting requirements.
In the meeting request, on the Skype Meeting section on the Meeting tab, select Meeting
Options, and then select the appropriate options.
- (Optional) Preload your meeting attachments. That way, when participants join the meeting, everything
is ready to go. See Preload attachments for a Skype for Business meeting.
- (Optional) In the Show section of the Meeting ribbon, select Scheduling Assistant to make sure
you have the best time for the meeting.
- You're almost done. Just double-check the information and select Send.
Set up an online meeting using Outlook Web App
To create a Skype for Business meeting request in Outlook Web App, you have to:
- Be using a browser that supports the full version of Outlook Web App.
- Have a user name and a password from an organization that has a business or enterprise
subscription to Office 365.
- In the Office 365 portal, select Outlook to open the Calendar app.
- On the calendar page, select New > Calendar event.
- On the Set up an appointment page, select Add Skype meeting.
- Fill in the meeting title, location (if you'll have in-person attendees), and the
start and end times.
- Choose the people to attend, add the agenda or other meeting information, and then