Join a meeting on your PC
Join a Skype for Business meeting on your Windows PC
- In your meeting request, click Join Skype Meeting.
- The Meetings view lets you quickly check your upcoming meetings for the day, without having to go to your calendar. You can even join a Skype Meeting right from the Meetings tab, if the meeting was set up by an organizer inside your company.
- In the Skype for Business main window, click the Meetings tab, and then right click a Skype meeting to join.
- Your mic is automatically muted.
- To unmute your mic, find the mic button, and click it. When it looks like this , people in the meeting can hear you.
- Note: Make sure you unmute your speakers too!
- If you need to switch to a different audio device, click the Call Controls button , then click Devices.
- The Switch Devices box shows your available audio devices, with the current one selected. Choose a different one if you'd like.
What'd they say?
Audio quality depends on the network and the device you use. Use a wired network connection and switch off wireless on your computer. If you have to use wireless connection, make sure you have a strong signal. Also use a high quality headset for better audio. For more information, see Phones and Devices Qualified for Skype for Business.
Join with the Web App
Skype for Business Web App is an alternative way to join the meeting if you don’t have Skype for Business installed. It opens automatically to connect you to the meeting. For more information, see What is Skype for Business Web App?
Join with phone only
If you’re on the road, or if you don’t have access to a computer, you can just call into the meeting with a phone. Make sure you grab the conference numbers and IDs from the meeting request before the meeting. See Call into a Skype for Business meeting on your mobile or desk phone.
If you prefer to call in with a phone, instead of using computer audio, you can find the conference numbers and ID in the meeting request. You can also click Find a local number in the meeting request if you’re traveling.
What about the PIN? You only need a PIN if you are calling into the meeting as the presenter from a public or cell phone, or if the meeting is set with high security. Otherwise you don’t need a PIN, just dial in and wait to get connected.
If you need a PIN and don’t remember what it is, click Forgot your Dial-in PIN? in the meeting request, and follow the instructions on the page to reset.