KCTCS “Better Lives” video contest
You are doing and learning things you never thought possible. You’ve met people with amazing stories and made friends you’ll have for life. Your instructors have guided you through tests and papers and labs and helped you realize you have the potential for a great future.
Video… or it didn’t happen!
Create a video to tell us how Jefferson is giving you a better life. Your story may win a scholarship, be shared with the whole Kentucky Community and Technical College System, our state partners and you might even be on TV!
Entries are due by March 2, 2018 at midnight.
- Grand Prize Winner receives a $500 scholarship through the KCTCS foundation and an iPad valued at approximately $400.
- Second place winner receives an iPad valued at $400.
- One lucky voter receives an iPad valued at $400.
- All winners will have their video shared through the KCTCS Scoop, college websites, Facebook and other social media channels, and more.
- You may even be on TV!
- Must be a current KCTCS student, enrolled in at least six credit hours.
- Videos submitted must be a minimum of (2) minutes and a maximum of (4) four minutes in duration.
- No copyrighted material may be used.
- The videos cannot contain content that violates the submission standards of YouTube.
- By submitting a video entrants agree that all persons represented in the video did provide their agreement to participate, and have provided their agreement for future use of their photograph, or likeness, by contest sponsors.
- KCTCS reserves the right to edit and/or modify any video content or video titles and publish or advertise the video without Entrant’s approval, acknowledgement or compensation unless prohibited by law. By entering, Entrant agrees to defend, release and hold harmless KCTCS and its agents from and against any claims, action and/or liability for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from Entrant’s participation herein (including in connection with the use and/or exploitation of the submitted video) or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded. KCTCS reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of the winner. US law governs these contest rules.
- KCTCS has the right to modify, use, assign or dispose of your entry however it sees fit without approval of entrant or any third party. Entrants grants KCTCS the right to use their names, images, likenesses, photographs, voices and biographical materials, and video submissions, for advertising, publicity and promotion purposes including posting the videos or screen names online for any purpose or on a winner’s list and other online announcements, and for sharing the videos with the media for viewing, whether TV or print, without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Neither entrants nor winner shall receive any compensation or credit for use of entries, other than that disclosed in these rules.
- KCTCS is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human or other error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any online service or web site, or any other error or malfunction, or any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation herein, or for any injury to person or property, including but not limited to video equipment, arising from the entrant’s participation herein or for the use or misuse of any prize won. KCTCS is not responsible for lost, late, illegible or misdirected entries.
- Entrant warrants that their submission is original, that publication of the submission will not infringe on the rights of others, and Entrant has full power to grant ownership to KCTCS as stated herein.
- KCTCS has no obligation of any nature to publish, promote, display or otherwise use any information provided by Entrants, including but not limited to biographical or video content.
- All taxes are the responsibility of the winners.
- Winners will be notified and must execute final releases and information requests prior to payment of the prizes. Failure to do so will void the award.
- Entries will be judged on creativity, adherence to contest requirements, and on how well they manage to convey the themes of the topic. These are clearly subjective categories and will be treated as such. The final awards will be selected based solely on the judges’ consensus.
- Name, Address, Phone, Email, College
- Submit your link to kctcs.edu/video_contest