Find and add a contact
Connect with people in your organization, or with friends who have Skype accounts.
- On the Contacts tab, in the Find someone box, type a name or email address.
- In the search results, right-click the person you want to add, and select Add to Contacts
- Select the contact group you want to add the person to, if you have contact groups
When you add a person to your contact list, they receive a notification.
External contacts must accept your invitation before you can see their availability.
Start an Instant Message (IM)
- On the Contacts tab, point to a contact's picture, and then select Send an IM.
- To add others, select Invite More People in the upper-right corner.
- Tip: To IM with multiple people, you can also press Ctrl and select each contact. Then
right-click and select Send an IM.
- Type your message.
- Select Send or press Enter.
Start a voice or video call
Quickly place a call to any online contact.
- Point to a contact's picture and select Call or Start a video call .
- To add voice or video to an existing conversation, select Call or Video Call .
Note: If you don't have a camera, the video call options are not available.
Receive a call
Select an option:
- Select Answer to accept the call.
- Select Ignore to dismiss the call and send it to voice mail, if available.
- Select Options and then select:
- Reply by IM to dismiss the call and start an instant message session with the caller.
- Set to Do Not Disturb to dismiss the call and change your status.
- Answer With Audio Only to answer a video call without sending or receiving video.
End a call
- Select Hang Up or press Ctrl + Enter.