Share your desktop or a program
In a conversation window or messaging window:
- Select Share Content and select an option:
- Share your Desktop to show the entire contents of your desktop.
- Share a Window and double-click the program or window you want to display.
- The Currently sharing tab and yellow border around the shared content appears.
- Select Stop Sharing when you're done.
Send a file in an IM
- Drag the file from File Explorer to the conversation window, or
- Copy the file or image you want to send, and paste it into the conversation window.
- Everyone in the conversation receives a notification, which they can accept or decline.
Send a file when you’re not in a conversation
- Select the contacts from your contacts list.
- Drag the file onto the selection.
- The selected contacts receive a notification, which they can accept or decline.
Change your presence status
Your presence status is automatically set based on your Outlook calendar. To manually
- Select the status arrow below your name.
- Select the presence indicator you want to display.
- To undo, or have Skype for Business automatically update your status, select Reset
Join a Skype for Business meeting
There are multiple ways to join a Skype for Business meeting:
- Select the Meetings icon in the Skype for Business window, and then double-click the
meeting to join.
- Select Join Skype Meeting in an Outlook meeting request.
- Select Join Online in an Outlook meeting reminder.
Schedule a Skype for Business meeting
In Outlook or Outlook Online:
- Open your Outlook calendar.
- Select Home > New Skype Meeting.
- Complete the meeting request.
- Tip: Before you send the meeting request, set options, like who can get into the meeting
directly, and who has to wait in the virtual lobby.