Black Male Initiative
The Black Male Initiative (BMI) at Jefferson County and Technical College focuses on the success and achievements of Black male students who attend JCTC. The BMI program will assist students with the academic, personal, and professional development of students through educational programming, mentorship, networking, addressing non-academic barriers, and the formation and development of a brotherhood. Students will be supported through:
- Mentorships via Jefferson/BMI staff, community members, and peer mentorship
- Enrichment trips and activities
- Monthly student success coaching and meetings with staff to ensure academic success
- Service-learning opportunities
- First-year experience and Black student leadership courses catered to the Black male demographic
If you are interested in the Black Male Initiative program, please email program director Adam Kremer for further questions.