Checklist for Freshmen
Getting Started Checklist
- Apply for Admission to the College
- Take the Placement Test
- Schedule your test at: https://jefferson.kctcs.edu/admissions/placement-testing-assessment
- *If you have tested (ACT, SAT, COMPASS, KYOTE, etc) in high school, verify those scores have been received by emailing JF-Assessment-Center@kctcs.edu.
- Attend SOAR Student Orientation Advising and Registration)
- After completing the placement test, you will choose an orientation date and time.
- During SOAR, you will learn about Jefferson, meet with an advisor, and register for classes. You will also learn how to use your student self-service account.
- Pay for Classes by the Deadline
- Use your student self-service account to view anticipated financial aid, set up a payment plan, or to make a payment with credit/debit card.
Check yourself! Have you...
- Submitted official, final high school transcripts?
- MAIL: Jefferson Community and Technical College, Attn Admission Office, 109 E Broadway, Louisville, KY 40202
- IN PERSON: Drop off at Admission Office on any Jefferson campus
- Applied for Financial Aid?
- (This is required for grants and student loans)
- ONLINE: www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Set up your Student Self-Service Account?
Student ID #:
Placement Test Date & Time:
SOAR Date & Time: