Students who already have F-1 visas, are in the U.S. and wish to transfer to Jefferson, must follow the same admissions procedures as all other F-1 applicants.
Additionally, transfer students must also:
- fill out the Transfer Report form, then give to your current Designated School Office to sign as well,
- submit a copy of your current I-20,
- submit a copy of your F-1 visa,
- submit a copy of your I-94 card and
- submit a copy of the biographical page of your passport
For a transfer student who already has F-1 status and is applying to Jefferson Community and Technical College while in the U.S.
SEMESTER DEADLINE Fall Semester (August) August 1 Spring Semester (January) December 1 Summer Semester (May) April 1
Students who have studied a college or university outside of the U.S. must submit official transcripts of their previous coursework.
- A course-by-course evaluation of your university transcripts must be sent to Jefferson Community and Technical College by a transcript evaluation service.
- Students are responsible for the cost of the evaluation.
- Acceptable agencies who conduct international transcript evaluation services are listed as members of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services.
- The most common companies used by Jefferson students are World Education Services and Educational Credential Evaluators.
- Your evaluation must be received at Jefferson during your first semester of attendance.
- Enrollment in a second semester at Jefferson will not be allowed until your transcript is received.