Placement Testing & Assessment
- It is best to take the placement test on the campus you plan to attend.
Current, returning and new transfer students:
- Visit the Assessment Center web page and click on the campus you plan to attend to view other assessment times.
- Transfer students must bring unofficial copies of their transcripts.
- In order to schedule a seat for the placement test, you must apply for admission to the college.
- If you have not completed an admission application, please go to the Jefferson Admissions page and fill out an application.
- You should have received an email that included a ticket to the test.
- If you did, you have been scheduled.
- You can also visit the registration site – up until the day of your test – to confirm your reservation.
Yes, just go to the registration site and choose another day.
- First, check your junk mail box in your e-mail.
- If you still have not received a ticket, visit the registration site to print another ticket.
Yes, return to the registration site to print another copy.
- More dates are will be added through the end of July.
- If we are approaching the start of a semester, please go the reservation site and email the contact for the campus where you plan to attend classes.
- If you can take our COMPASS test and the other institution will accept our COMPASS scores, you will need to view the walk-in hours and then let us know what date and time you would like to come in and test.
- We can then put you on the schedule.
- There will be a $25 testing fee since you are testing for another institution.
- If you need to take the other institutions specific COMPASS test remotely you will need to contact their testing center and they will register you for a remote test.
- You can then contact us when you have received registration information and we can schedule a time for you to test.
- There will be a $25 testing fee since it is for another institution.