Open Doors Diversity Grant
Thinking about starting college? Worried about how to pay for it? Jefferson Community and Technical College is going to COVER tuition for ALL underrepresented minority students new to Jefferson for the upcoming 2020-2021 academic year with the announcement of the Open Doors Diversity Grant.
*Interested students must apply to the College and enroll in six credit hours. Those
eligible, from the criteria below, will automatically be awarded, no scholarship application
Open Doors Diversity Grant Criteria:
- First time at Jefferson, freshman or transfer
- Identify as a member of an Underrepresented Minority population
* The Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education defines Underrepresented Minority (URM) as students who categorized themselves as a) Hispanic or Latino, b) American Indian or Alaska Native, c) Black or African American, d) Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, or e) Two or more Races.
- Federal Financial Aid eligible – must complete FAFSA and all required steps to complete financial aid process
- Degree-Seeking – visiting and non-degree seeking students are ineligible
- Kentucky resident of Bullitt, Carroll, Gallatin, Henry, Jefferson, Oldham, Owen, Shelby, Spencer or Trimble counties
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours
Grant recipients must maintain a 2.0 GPA to renew for the Spring 2021 semester.
The Open Doors Diversity Grant covers tuition charges up to 30 credit hours over the Fall 2020-Spring 2021 academic year.
Jefferson holds a deep commitment to our values of diversity, inclusion and equity.
As current trends indicate the diversity we value so much is at risk with declining enrollment for our underrepresented minority students, Jefferson is taking bold action to ensure all students are able to achieve their higher education dreams.
Contact Jeffersonemail@example.com with questions you may have! Don’t wait!! Enroll today and take advantage of this amazing opportunity!