Bellarmine University Doctor of Physical Therapy
The Doctor of Physical Therapy Program prepares the student for licensure and practice
in the field of physical therapy. Candidates
for licensure must hold a post-baccalaureate degree in physical therapy from an accredited institution. Students are admitted to the
professional program after completing a bachelor’s degree in a major of choice and all program prerequisites.
Physical therapists are health care professionals who provide service to individuals
of all ages with physical impairments, functional
limitations, disabilities or changes in physical function and health status resulting from injury, disease or other causes.
- Examine and evaluate individuals with movement related problems
- Diagnose and manage movement dysfunction to enhance physical and functional abilities
- Promote physical function and wellness to provide optimal quality of life as it relates to movement and health
- Prevent the onset of symptoms and the progression of movement related problems
Physical Therapists find careers in settings ranging from hospitals and rehabilitation
centers to private practices, pediatric facilities,
home health agencies, school systems, higher education and research institutions, fitness and wellness centers, and nursing homes.
Course that can be taken at JCTC (KCTCS):
- BIO 137 & 139
- BIO 150/151
- CHE 170/175
- CHE 180/185
- STA 210 or 220
- PHY 201/202 & PHY 203/204 or PHY 231/241 & PHY 232/242
- Any Psychology Course (excluding PSY 213 or CRJ 296)
Students will also need an upper level (300+) Physiology course, which should be taken at a 4 yr. institution.
Things to Know:
- Bellarmine’s PT program admits students in May
- Deadlines to apply- October 1st Priority, December 1st Final
- Approximately 72 student per/year are admitted to the program
- Average G.P.A of admitted student is 3.6+
- GRE and Interview with PT Department for those selected for consideration
- Must complete application through PTCTS (opens July 1st);
- student should apply by August to ensure application is process by deadlines.