Enrolling in Learn on Demand Courses
Instructions for Enrolling in Learn on Demand Courses
- For planning purposes, you can view a list of courses offered by Learn on Demand.
To enroll in a Learn on Demand class, you ll first need to have completed the Learn on Demand application .
- On page 3 of the application, be sure to select that you prefer the option for "Student selects the start date."
- At the end of the application, you will sign a learning contract specific to Learn on Demand.
When you re ready to enroll, you can begin the instructions below:
- Log in to your student self-service account and access the Enroll feature
- From the JCTC home page, click on Student Self-Service in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- Log in using your KCTCS student username and password.
- Once your student account has loaded, click on ENROLL, on the left-hand side of the page.
- A new screen will appear.
- Click ADD in the tabs area, select the term for which you are wishing to register (for example: Spring 2013), then click continue.
- Scroll down until you find a green square box that says SEARCH, and click it.
- A new screen will then appear for you to enter your search criteria.
Search for Learn on Demand classes:
- On the "Search for Classes" page, leave the first three fields blank.
- Go to the Mode of Instruction field and select Online-Self Select Start Date
- Leave the next 2 boxes blank and go to the area that says Course Subject.
- Here you will enter the letters of the course subject you d like.
- For example, "ENG" for English, "BIO" for Biology, etc
- Leave all else blank, then click SEARCH to view your search results.
- Browse the list to find the course you need.
- Once you find the specific module or course you want to add to your schedule, click
on the green SELECT CLASS button to the right of that section s information.
- This will take you to a new screen showing the details of the class you have chosen.
- If you d like to enroll in this class, scroll down and click the SELECT CLASS button again.
- You will then be prompted to input a start date for your class.
- Then, click on the green NEXT button.
- This will take you back to the add class screen.
- If you need another course, repeat these steps.
- Once you ve selected all of the classes you need, click on the green PROCEED TO STEP 2 of 3 button.
- If everything appears correct, click on the green FINISH ENROLLING button.
- You will then see green check marks next to the courses in which you have been successfully
- If there is a red X beside a class, you have not been enrolled in that class you will need to ask an advisor to help you fix the errors.
- If enrolling in modules rather than full courses, you must complete one module before you ll be able to enroll in the following module.
- For example, you must complete ENG 1011 before enrolling in ENG 1012.
If you have any questions or difficulty, feel free to contact the Learn on Demand Help Desk at 1-866-321-7406, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!