Enrolling in Learn on Demand Courses
Instructions for Enrolling in Learn on Demand Courses
- For planning purposes, you can view a list of courses offered by Learn on Demand.
To enroll in a Learn on Demand class, you'll first need to have completed the Learn on Demand application.
- On page 3 of the application, be sure to select that you prefer the option for “Student selects the start date.”
- At the end of the application, you will sign a learning contract specific to Learn on Demand.
When you're ready to enroll, you can begin the instructions below:
- Log in to your student self-service account and access the Enroll feature
- From the JCTC home page, click on Student Self-Service in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- Log in using your KCTCS student username and password.
- Once your student account has loaded, click on ENROLL, on the left-hand side of the page.
- A new screen will appear.
- Click ADD in the tabs area, select the term for which you are wishing to register (for example: Spring 2013), then click continue.
- Scroll down until you find a green square box that says SEARCH, and click it.
- A new screen will then appear for you to enter your search criteria.
Search for Learn on Demand classes:
- On the “Search for Classes” page, leave the first three fields blank.
- Go to the Mode of Instruction field and select Online-Self Select Start Date
- Leave the next 2 boxes blank and go to the area that says Course Subject.
- Here you will enter the letters of the course subject you'd like.
- For example, “ENG” for English, “BIO” for Biology, etc
- Leave all else blank, then click SEARCH to view your search results.
- Browse the list to find the course you need.
- Once you find the specific module or course you want to add to your schedule, click
on the green SELECT CLASS button to the right of that section s information.
- This will take you to a new screen showing the details of the class you have chosen.
- If you'd like to enroll in this class, scroll down and click the SELECT CLASS button again.
- You will then be prompted to input a start date for your class.
- Then, click on the green NEXT button.
- This will take you back to the add class screen.
- If you need another course, repeat these steps.
- Once you've selected all the classes you need, click on the green PROCEED TO STEP 2 of 3 button.
- If everything appears correct, click on the green FINISH ENROLLING button.
- You will then see green check marks next to the courses in which you have been successfully
- If there is a red X beside a class, you have not been enrolled in that class, you will need to ask an advisor to help you fix the errors.
- If enrolling in modules rather than full courses, you must complete one module before you'll be able to enroll in the following module.
- For example, you must complete ENG 1011 before enrolling in ENG 1012.
If you have any questions or difficulty, feel free to contact the Learn on Demand Help Desk at (866) 321-7406, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!