What is Commercial Driver’s License Training?
Jefferson’s training program will prepare students with the skills necessary to attain their CDL license. Completing students will be awarded the CDLA I college certificate and six college credit hours. With the CDLA and training certificate, graduates will be prepared to enter the trucking industry workforce in entry level positions.
- 160 hours (4 weeks full time) of training including 40 classroom hours, 120 skills and driving training hours
- Department of Transportation (DOT) Physical/Drug Screen
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Learner's Permit
- Department of Transportation Rules and Regulations
- Kentucky CDL Manual
- Map Reading Assistance
- Trip Planning Guidelines
- CDL Road Test
Students admitted into the CDL training program applicants must:
- Read and write the English language fluently.
- Must be 18 years of age (you may be accepted into the training at 18 but limited job opportunities are available to those under 21)
- Be able to meet the Federal DOT physical requirements
- Have a valid driver's license at the time of registration
Students may register at any time. However, class size is limited. Enrollments are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. New classes start each month. Training is scheduled around holidays and interruptions caused by weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
Costs and Fees
- $5,000 tuition includes DOT physical, drug screen, CDL manual, classroom and road training.
- Tuition does not include the following student fees to the circuit clerk’s office:
CDL application $24, permit $11, skills testing $50, original CDL $40 (total $125)
Tuition to be paid in full before the first day of class
- Acceptable payment methods: cash, money order, credit card, bank check (no personal checks)
- Funding may be available through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Contact the Kentucky Career Center to see if you qualify
Tentative Spring 2021 Program Schedule
( 4 week sessions Mon-Thurs 7am-5pm)
|MAR 1||MAR 26|
|APR 5||APR 30|
|MAY 3||MAY 28|
The implementation of the CDL Training Program at Jefferson Community and Technical College is contingent upon approval from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Approval is currently pending.