What is Commercial Driver’s License Training?
Jefferson’s training program will prepare students with the skills necessary to attain their CDL license. Completing students will be awarded the CDLA I college certificate and six college credit hours. With the CDLA and training certificate, graduates will be prepared to enter the trucking industry workforce in entry level positions.
- 160 hours (4 weeks full time) of training including 40 classroom hours, 120 skills and driving training hours
- Department of Transportation (DOT) Physical/Drug Screen
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Learner's Permit
- Department of Transportation Rules and Regulations
- Kentucky CDL Manual
- Map Reading Assistance
- Trip Planning Guidelines
- CDL Road Test
Students admitted into the CDL training program applicants must:
- Read and write the English language fluently.
- Must be 18 years of age (you may be accepted into the training at 18 but limited job opportunities are available to those under 21)
- Be able to meet the Federal DOT physical requirements
- Pass the DOT drug screen
- Have a valid driver's license at the time of registration
Students may register at any time. However, class size is limited. Enrollments are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. New classes start each month. Training is scheduled around holidays and interruptions caused by weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
Costs and Fees
- $5,000 tuition includes DOT physical, drug screen, CDL manual, classroom and road training.
- Tuition does not include the following student fees to the circuit clerk’s office:
CDL application $24, permit $11, skills testing $50, original CDL $40 (total $125)
Tuition to be paid in full before the first day of class
- Acceptable payment methods: cash, money order, credit card, bank check (no personal checks)
- GI bill pays tuition in full
- Funding may be available through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Contact the Kentucky Career Center to see if you qualify
Tentative Spring 2021 Program Schedule
( 4 week sessions Mon-Thurs 7am-5pm)
|MAR 1||MAR 26|
|APR 5||APR 30|
|MAY 3||MAY 28|