Early Childhood Director Credential FAQ
- IEC 101 - Orientation to Early Childhood Education
- IEC 102 - Foundations of Early Childhood Education
- IEC 240 - Administration in Early Childhood Education
- IEC 230 - Business Administration of Early Childhood Education Programs, OR BAS 200 - Small Business Management
- A final grade of C or better is required in all classes.
Jefferson offers a complete Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education Program leading to an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree.
For more information contact:
- Susan Allen
- Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education
- (502) 213-2671
No. If you have your CDA, you are exempt from taking IEC 101 and IEC 102. However, you must submit a copy of your CDA certificate to the IECE program coordinator for verification.
Yes. IEC 101, IEC 102, and IEC 240 are three courses that fulfill the coursework requirement for the CDA. You will need to complete the fourth class, IEC 230 Business Administration of Early Childhood Education; or BAS 200 Small Business Management.
Following completion of all required classes, submit a copy of your official transcript to the IECE Program Coordinator. The IECE Program Coordinator will then complete and send a formal statement to the Office of Early Childhood Education in Frankfort, KY. Following receipt of the formal statement verifying that you have completed the required classes, you will receive your KY Early Childhood Director Credential certification.