What is Lineman Training Program?
The Lineman Training program provides students the instruction and training to embark on a career as a line technician in the utility industry. Jefferson uses a comprehensive curriculum, up-to-date training methods, and industry standard equipment to provide students with an excellent training experience. Our instructors are experienced journeyman lineman with years of industry and training experience.
Lineman jobs in the utility industry include working in adverse outdoor conditions including rain, cold, heat, dark, high winds, and other extreme conditions. Work is done at elevated levels and includes climbing poles and the use of bucket trucks.
What are my career options?
Once you become a lineworker, you’ll have the opportunity to advance up a well-defined career path, growing your skills and experience. Here is an example of a Lineman career path:
- Apprentice Lineworker
- Crew Leader
What are my degree, diploma, or certificate options?
Upon completion of this program, students will earn twelve college credit hours and a Utility Technician Certificate.
How do I apply?
Fill out the request more Information form to get more information. Applicant will be contacted by Workforce Development.
Lineman training program applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Pass the DOT physical requirements.
- Obtain a CDL driver's permit before the first day of class (must have valid driver’s license to obtain the permit).
Information and Registration
Enrollments are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Class size is limited, and a wait list will be kept for future sessions. To get started, fill out the “request more information here” form located on the left of this screen. You will receive a reply email with more information and the opportunity to request an application. Filling out this information sheet does not enroll you in the program. You must request the application from the email and return it.
- $8200 tuition includes all training materials, curriculum, books, CPR certification, CAST testing, and $2000 of personal equipment that the student takes with them after completion of the course.
- Tuition to be paid in full two weeks before the first day of class.
- Acceptable payment methods: cash, money order, credit card, bank check (no personal checks) and student loans.
2023 Lineman training schedule (dates are subject to change)
|Session||Dates||Tuition Due||Orientation||Graduate Showcase
|1||Feb 27-Apr 20||Feb 13||Jan 24
Advisory Panel Meeting
|2||May 8-June 29||April 24||April 3
|June 14, 2023|
|3||July 17-Sept 7||July 3||June 12
|Aug 23, 3023|
|4||Sept 25-Nov 16||Sept 11||
November 1, 2023