Lineman Training Program
The Lineman Training Program at Jefferson Community and Technical College will provide students the instruction and training necessary to embark on a career as a line technician in the utility industry. Jefferson uses a comprehensive curriculum, up to date training methods, and industry standard equipment to provide students with an excellent training experience. Our instructors are experienced journeyman lineman with years of industry and training experience. Upon completion of this program, students will earn 12 college credit hours.
Lineman jobs in the utility industry include working in adverse outdoor conditions including rain, cold, heat, dark, high winds, and other extreme conditions. Work is done at elevated levels and includes climbing poles and the use of bucket trucks.
Interested in joining our next class? This program is offered three times per calendar year, typically in February, May and August. There are limited slots available for the February 2021 start date.
Lineman training program applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a High School Diploma or GED
- Pass the DOT physical requirements
- Pass the DOT drug screen
*CDL permit is preferred
Students may register at any time. However, class size is limited. Enrollments are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. A wait list will be kept for future sessions. To get started, request more information located on the left of this screen. You will be contacted by personnel in the Workforce Solutions office to complete the application process.
- $8200 tuition in0+cludes all training materials, curriculum, books, CPR certification, CAST testing, and $2000 of personal equipment that the student takes with them after completion of the course.
- Tuition to be paid in full before the first day of class
- Acceptable payment methods: cash, money order, credit card, bank check (no personal checks)
- GI bill pays tuition in full
- Funding may be available through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Contact the Kentucky Career Center to see if you qualify
Spring 2021 Session will begin March 1, 2021