General Education Course Requirements
Anatomy and physiology courses must be completed within the past 5 academic years prior to the year of application. There are no restrictions on timelines for the other general education courses.
- BIO 137 Anatomy and Physiology 1; 4 credit hours with a lab within past 5 years
- BIO 139 Anatomy and Physiology II; 4 credit hours with a lab within past 5 years
- ENG 101 Written Communications; 3 credit hours
- Oral Communications; 3 credit hours (choice of COM 181, 205, 252, 281 or 287)
- PSY 110 General Psychology; 3 credit hours
- PSY 223 Developmental Psychology; 3 credit hours
- MAT 150 College Algebra or higher level course; 3 credit hours
- Humanities or Heritage course; 3 credit hours (multiple courses to choose from; refer to KCTCS catalog)
- Digital Literacy; 0-3 credit hours (choice of IC3 Global Standard Fast Track Exam, CAD 100, CIT 105, DLC 101, DPT 100, DMI 228, DMS 119, EDU 204, IMD 100, OST 105, VCC 125, or VCC 150)
- FYE 105 Achieving Academic Success; 3 credit hours (required for first time college students only)
Students planning to transfer credit earned for anatomy and physiology courses from colleges outside of KCTCS should contact the Academic Program Coordinator for approval. Jefferson’s Transfer Equivalency Database will be used as a guide for all transfer credits.