Radiography Program Effectiveness Data
The mission of the Jefferson Community and Technical College Radiologic Technology Program is to provide a quality entry-level education in the field of Radiologic Technology. Using theory- and performance-based instruction, the program’s faculty seeks to provide an educational environment that strengthens critical thinking, problem solving, and communication skills and encourages students to continue their professional development after graduation.
PROGRAM GOALS & OUTCOMES
Goal 1: The student will perform competently in clinical practice.
- Students will demonstrate appropriate patient care skills.
- Students will demonstrate accuracy in radiographic positioning.
- Students will analyze images for diagnostic quality.
Goal 2: The student will communicate effectively.
- Students will demonstrate oral communication skills.
- Students will demonstrate written communication skills.
Goal 3: The student will engage in critical thinking.
- The student will demonstrate the ability to perform and modify routine radiographic procedures.
- The student will demonstrate the ability to modifying a routine (positioning and exposures) skills to accommodate a trauma.
Goal 4: The student will demonstrate professionalism.
- Students/ graduates will show evidence of high ethical standards.
- Students will achieve excellent attendance in their clinical education.