- The mailroom operating hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.
- The Campus mail is not intended for personal business use, political campaign purposes, or private commercial activities.
Current Delivery Schedule
- Mail will be delivered between 12:00 noon – 3:00 pm.
- The mailroom serves as general mail delivery for letters and small articles.
- Postal related outgoing mail and interdepartmental mail will be picked up during the mail run.
- For the campus convenience, there is a mail receptacle in the Chestnut Hall.
- Mail should be placed in the receptacle by 3:30 pm in order for it to be delivered to the post office by 4:00 pm.
- Mail delivered and picked up to satellite campuses will be done daily according to the Courier Schedule.
- Mail designated for outside the United States must be specifically marked and bundled together.
- To insure accuracy and prompt delivery, coordinate with the mailroom on such mail
- Mail that is not to the attention of a particular person or department will be opened.
- The contents will be inspected to determine the correct recipient or department and then delivered in accordance with the mail delivery.
- All departments receiving mail from the mailroom must have the following:
- An Established designated mail pick-up/delivery area easily accessible.
- Mailboxes must be visible and labeled Incoming Mail and Outgoing Mail.
- A designated mail pick-up/delivery area will not be accessible; the department should leave a note on the door instructing the alternate pick-up/delivery in its building.
- The JCTC return address in the upper left-hand corner of the envelope.
- The mailroom receives Certified Mail, Federal Express, and Next Day Mail.
- The mail will be delivered at the time of the mail run.
- If the mailroom receives mail after the mail run, the person/department will be notified immediately upon its arrival.
- At that time, the receiver will decide if it is to be delivered the next business day or if they would like to pick it up in the mailroom.
- The mailroom cannot process mailings that consist of sheets of papers folded in half
or in thirds and
- This type of mailing will not go through the postage meter.
- All mailings should be placed into an appropriate-sized envelope.
- Boxes should be well secured with packing tape.
- There should be no stickers or numbers from previous mailings on the box if the box is being reused.
- A complete mailing address should be placed in the middle to lower half of the front of the box.
- A complete return address, including department name, should appear in the upper left-hand corner.
- The upper right-hand corner should be free of tape or writing so that the proper postage may be affixed.
- To expedite processing of outgoing mail, the following must be followed:
- All outgoing mail must have the sending department s name in the top left corner of each mail piece for accounting purposes.
- Mail not bearing this information may be delayed being processed.
- Interdepartmental mail should be enclosed in a standard campus mail envelope with the addressees name and department name on the envelope.
- Mail not bearing this information may be delayed.
- Departments will be charged for the following mailings:
- Certified and Insured Mail, Bulk Mail, UPS Shipments, Business Reply, Federal Express Shipments, and all letter-sized mailings and boxes at the current postal rate.
- All daily postage is billed to the Business Affairs. Department.
- Certified Mail
- The mailroom processes outgoing Certified and Certified Return Receipt Request.
- Certified Mail provides the sender with a mailing receipt and a record of delivery to the address.
- Insured Mail
- Insured mail is offered to departments.
- If you have something of value that you want mailed, you can send it via insured mail.
- The rates for this service may vary with the value of the item.
- Note: When sending by Certified Mail and Insured Mail, complete the Certified
- Request Form. The form should accompany the material that you want to mail.
- UPS (United Parcel Service)
- UPS Procedures are quite detailed and specific.
- Instructions can be found on the Business Affairs Website.
- Business Reply
- The college provides this service on a limited basis for convenience of the department.
- Business Reply Mail is a service from the US Postal Service that allows you to send any number of reply pieces (envelopes, cards or self-mailers) and pay only for those that are returned to you.
- When using Business Reply, be sure to include the department's name on the envelope.
- If the department name is not on the envelope, the mail will be opened to determine where the mail should be delivered and what department to charge.
- Business Reply Mail is designed to be automatable, so delivery times are comparable to First Class mail.
- Federal Express
- Federal Express delivers all letters and packages to Shipping/Receiving.
- The material is then forwarded to the mailroom for delivery to the department.