Jefferson Community & Technical College (Jefferson) has passenger vehicles which can
be used for official college related activities.
All uses must be pre-approved and meet KCTCS and Jefferson policy and procedure guidelines.
Those guidelines include the items listed below:
- Driver Qualifications:
- Must be a current employee of Jefferson.
- Must be 21 years old.
- Students are not permitted to drive any college vehicle unless it is required as part
of their coursework.
- Any violation of policy and procedures may result in refusal to make reservations
in the future.
- Approved Uses:
- Vehicles must be used to attend Jefferson Community and Technical College or KCTCS
- Drivers/Occupants must follow all policies and procedures established by Jefferson
- Vehicles may be used for off-campus instruction that is outside of the county that
contains the instructor's workstation.
- Workstation is established by KCTCS as the campus which employee s work is normally
- Drivers are encouraged to make sure one vehicle is full before another vehicle is
reserved to attend the same function.
- Unless overnight stay is required, vehicle should be returned by the end of the day
in which reservation is made to insure the vehicle is available for next day.
- All out of state travel should be approved by the Director of Facilities Management.
- Driver Requirements:
- Must fill out a Driver Certification Form and provide a photocopy of their current valid driver's license.
- All forms must be submitted to Jefferson Community and Technical College Business
Office for approval.
- If more than one driver is anticipated during the trip, additional drivers should
also submit driver certification form and photocopy of driver s license to Business
- Reservation, Pick-up, and Return:
- Reservations should be made by contacting the Campus Business Office.
- Keys are to be picked up in Campus Business Office.
- Keys must be returned to Campus Business Office upon return unless after business
- Arrangements will be made if after normal business hours.
- Keys must not be given directly to the person who has vehicle reserved next so that
Business Office can insure that person has properly filled out all required forms.
- All trash and contents are the responsibility of the driver to remove upon return.
- Availability of vehicles is not guaranteed.
- No guarantee of which vehicle will be available
- May require picking up vehicle from and returning vehicle to another campus.
- Seat belts must be worn by all occupants.
- It is driver's responsibility to make sure all occupants are wearing seat belts.
- Number of occupants must not exceed manufactures specifications for occupancy.
- No smoking or tobacco product use while in vehicle.
- No alcohol use while in vehicle or prior to using vehicle.
- Self-service gas pumps must be used when fueling.
- Make sure school s credit card is accepted before making fuel purchase.
- Priority for vehicles will be given to groups and/or persons traveling out of town.
- Camper's insurance may be required if travel includes student passengers.
- Any traffic violation will be the responsibility of the driver, not Jefferson.