Vehicle Reservation and Use Policy
Jefferson Community & Technical College has passenger vehicles which can be used for official college related activities.
All uses must be pre-approved and meet KCTCS and Jefferson policy and procedure guidelines.
Those guidelines include the items listed below:
- Must be a current employee of Jefferson.
- Must be 21 years old.
- Students are not permitted to drive any college vehicle unless it is required as part of their coursework.
- Any violation of policy and procedures may result in refusal to make reservations in the future.
- Vehicles must be used to attend Jefferson Community and Technical College or KCTCS events.
- Drivers/Occupants must follow all policies and procedures established by Jefferson and KCTCS.
- Vehicles may be used for off-campus instruction that is outside the county that contains the instructor's workstation.
- Workstation is established by KCTCS as the campus in which employee's work is normally performed.
- Drivers are encouraged to make sure one vehicle is full before another vehicle is reserved to attend the same function.
- Unless overnight stay is required, the vehicle should be returned by the end of the day in which the reservation is made to insure the vehicle is available for next day.
- All out of state travel should be approved by the Director of Facilities Management.
- Must fill out a Driver Certification Form (DOC, 1 page) and provide a photocopy of their current valid driver's license.
- All forms must be submitted to Jefferson Community and Technical College Business Office for approval.
- If more than one driver is anticipated during the trip, additional drivers should also submit a driver certification form and photocopy of the driver's license to the Business Office.
Reservation, Pick-up, and Return
- Reservations should be made by contacting the Campus Business Office.
- Keys are to be picked up in Campus Business Office.
- Keys must be returned to Campus Business Office upon return, unless after business hours.
- Arrangements will be made if after normal business hours.
- Keys must not be given directly to the person who has the vehicle reserved next so that the Business Office can insure that person has properly filled out all required forms.
- All trash and contents are the responsibility of the driver to remove upon return.
- Availability of vehicles is not guaranteed.
- No guarantee of which vehicle will be available.
- May require picking up a vehicle from and returning the vehicle to another campus.
- Seat belts must be worn by all occupants.
- It is the driver's responsibility to make sure all occupants are wearing seat belts.
- Number of occupants must not exceed manufacture's specifications for occupancy.
- No smoking or tobacco product use while in vehicle.
- No alcohol use while in vehicle or prior to using vehicle.
- Self-service gas pumps must be used when fueling.
- Make sure school s credit card is accepted before making fuel purchase.
- Priority for vehicles will be given to groups and/or persons traveling out of town.
- Camper's insurance may be required if travel includes student passengers.
- Any traffic violation will be the responsibility of the driver, not Jefferson.