The following checklist is intended for faculty and staff involved with the planning,
developing, and implementation process of offering a new online course at Jefferson
- When the decision to offer a new* course/program online has been made please notify
- * a course/program that has not been offered online at Jefferson previously
- Class entered into PeopleSoft with "Z" in third position of section number (or "H"
if it is a Hybrid)
- Instructor name is assigned to class
- Instruction mode set to "BW" (Online) / "HB" (Hybrid)
- eLearning fees are set accordingly in the eLearning fee panel (see eLaunch Kit appendix)
- Quality Assurance
- eQuality form has been completed - See Course Review Process
- eQuality form and syllabus on file with the Office of eLearning prior to start of
- The eQuality form is only required for the primary course section.
- It is not required for courses/instructors that are utilizing the same content as
the primary course.
- Additionally, an updated form is only required if substantial changes are made to
the original course.
- Copy of class syllabus filed at Division
- Syllabus contains predetermined Student Learning Outcomes
- Student Learning Outcomes have been identified for specific courses within each department/program.
- These outcomes will be assessed in the fall semester using a specified instrument,
and results will be submitted to the instructor's Department Head/Program Coordinator.
- This data is then compiled by Department Head/Program Coordinator.
- Textbook request form submitted to KCTCS online bookstore
- Class information submitted to Coordinator on KYVC
- Class made "available" in Blackboard no later than the posted start date
- Class contains Evaluation of Instruction
- Original transcripts on file in CAO's office or Provost's office
- Transcript copy emailed to Executive Director for eLearning Initiatives
- Instructor has received mandatory Blackboard Certification
- Verification is on file with Division and Office of eLearning