Course review process
Course review process
Jefferson's goal is to provide students with high quality online courses. In order to ensure this objective is aggressively pursued, Jefferson has developed a quality assurance program for all online courses-both new and existing-through the eLearning Council (eLC). The eLearning Council is a committee of faculty members delegated by their divisions to conduct reviews of online courses delivered by Jefferson.
WHAT IS A NEW ONLINE COURSE?
- This refers to an online course being offered by a specific instructor for the first time.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
- If you will be offering an online course for the first time, you and/or your division s leadership should alert the Director of eLearning.
- The Director of eLearning will notify faculty whose existing online courses will be reviewed during the academic year.
- Faculty delegates sitting on the eLearning Council will conduct a review of the course using the rubric developed by the eLearning Council (this rubric can be found in the documents area in the left-hand menu on this page).
WHO IS ON THE REVIEW TEAM?
- The review team for any given course consists of two faculty members currently sitting on the eLC.
- eLC delegates are assigned to courses at the beginning of a semester s review cycle.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THE REVIEW?
- The review team will conduct their review, then provide feedback to your division s leadership. This feedback will be passed on to you.
- This feedback will also include suggestions for improvement.
- If the course requires improvement, the Office of eLearning will work with you and your division to ensure these improvements are implemented.
- Remember, it is the goal of this process to get you up and running with a high quality online course.
- If your course contains best practices or hidden gems, the Director of eLearning may contact you to facilitate professional development or sharing with other faculty.
DOES MY OLD COURSE REQUIRE REVIEW?
- All online courses will undergo periodic review.
- The eLearning Council will review courses on a rotating basis, starting with the highest-enrolling general education courses.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
- Download the eLC rubric ( documents menu at the left) and ensure your course meets these standards.
- Contact the Office of eLearning at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, concerns, or would like assistance in further development of your course.