Jefferson Jump Start Grant
Thinking about starting college or going back to complete a degree? Jefferson Community and Technical College wants to help new students ages 25 or older jump-start their education and COVER TUITION for the upcoming Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 semesters. That’s up to 30 credit hours of FREE TUITION!
Interested students must apply to the College and enroll in at least six credit hours. Those eligible, from the criteria below, will automatically be awarded, no scholarship application is required!
- First time at Jefferson, freshman or transfer
- Are at least 25 years of age by September 1, 2021
- Federal Financial Aid eligible – defined as successfully completing a FAFSA and all required steps to complete financial aid process
- Degree-Seeking Admission Status in a federal financial aid eligible program including;
Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Associate of Applied Science, Diploma, and
Certificates with minimum 16 credit hours
*Visiting and non-degree seeking students are ineligible
- Have not previously earned a Bachelor’s degree - students who have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher are ineligible
- Kentucky resident of Bullitt, Carroll, Gallatin, Henry, Jefferson, Oldham, Owen, Shelby, Spencer or Trimble counties
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours at the time award is made
- Only courses required in the students’ degree program are eligible
- Courses must be offered by Jefferson - tuition for courses offered by other KCTCS colleges will not be covered
- Attendance must be confirmed in all enrolled courses.
The Jefferson Jump-Start Grant is a “last-dollar” tuition grant. That means after all other financial aid or third-party payments are applied, the grant will cover the remaining tuition balance. Tuition does not include the following student or class fees. Payment arrangements must be made by the established payment deadline.
The Jefferson Jump-Start Grant is only applicable to the Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 semesters and is limited to a total of 30 credit hours.
Grant recipients awarded in Fall 2021 must maintain a 2.0 GPA to renew for the Spring 2022 semester.