Tuition and Fees
Tuition Rates (per credit hour)
|Tuition Category||Cost Per Credit Hour|
|In-State Students||$182/credit hour|
|Dual Credit Students||$91/credit hour|
|Out-of-State Students: From Contiguous Counties*||$364/credit hour|
|Out-of-State Students: Other Out-of-State Students||$637/credit hour|
|Online-Only Courses+ (all students):||$182/credit hour|
|Mandatory Fee** (all students):||$8/credit hour|
|Distance Learner Fee***||$20/credit hour|
What's With the ***?
The first * is for contiguous counties. Contiguous counties are those which border Kentucky. Students from these counties pay a special tuition rate. Students from Reciprocity Counties pay in-state tuition.
Next, the ** is the KCTCS BuildSmart Investment for Kentucky Competitiveness fee.
+For students who are enrolled in online-only courses, the tuition is the same regardless of your residency. Other fees, such as the mandatory fee and a distance learning course fee of $20/credit hour still apply.
A full list of charges and fees is available.
To view our third-party servicer contract for refund management, click here.
Tuition and charges are determined by the Kentucky Community and Technical College System Board of Regents. For payment deadlines, refer to the college academic calendar.
For information on how to pay, visit the payment information page.
- Indiana: Clark, Crawford, Dearborn, Floyd, Franklin, Harrison, Jefferson, Ohio, Ripley, Scott, Switzerland, and Washington.
- Indiana: Perry, Posey, Spencer, Vanderburgh, and Warrick
- Ohio: Adams, Athens, Brown, Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Gallia, Hamilton, Highland, Jackson, Lawrence, Meigs, Pike, Scioto, Vinton, and Warren.
- Illinois: Alexander, Gallatin, Hardin, Massac, Pope, and Pulaski
- Mandatory Student Fee - $8 per credit hour assessed to all students in support of the KCTCS Build Smart Investment Initiative.
- Online Course Charge - $20.00 per credit hour (based on class instruction mode)
- Security Charge - $40 offsets the costs of security in all college facilities, including security personnel, equipment, and lighting.
- Late Payment Charge - $75 will be assessed to all accounts not paid by the published payment deadline.
- Reinstatement Charge - $75 will be assessed to any student who requests reenrollment if removed from classes due to non-payment.
- Facility Usage Charge - $25 assessed per course to students who enroll in a KHP course to help pay the cost of access to the YMCA or other facility.
- Parking Charge - $25 per term assessed to students who request a parking permit.
ALL Fees/Charges are non–refundable.
- If your plans have changed, and you’re not going to attend class, you’ll need to officially withdraw. Check the academic calendar of the delivery college (in KCTCS) to see the official withdraw schedule.
- Activate and check your KCTCS student email account. All college correspondence, including bills, will be sent to your student email account.
- Update your address information in the Student Information Center or online at your Student Self-Service.
- Auto-payment plan information
- Phone: (855) 2GO-JCTC
- Email: help.jefferson.kctcs.edu