What is a Medical Coding and Reimbursement Specialist?
The Medical Coding & Reimbursement Program prepares students to work in a physician-based billing and coding function. Students in this program learn to:
- Read medical records
- Apply codes for procedures, services and diagnoses
- Create claims for physician payment
- Troubleshoot payment programs
Gainful Employment Disclosure Information
This information is provided in compliance with the Federal Gainful Employment regulations. As a public non-profit education institution, we are required to report the following information for certificate and diploma programs that meet gainful employment definitions (beginning July 1, 2011).
- Hospital Admissions Specialist - Undergraduate certificate
- Medical Administrative Assistant - Undergraduate certificate
- Medical Coding and Reimbursement Specialist - Undergraduate certificate
- Medical Office Insurance Bill/Code - Undergraduate certificate
- Medical Records Coding - Undergraduate certificate