Financing Study Abroad | JCTC

Financing Study Abroad

Students who wish to participate in a study abroad program at Jefferson Community and Technical College (JCTC) must contact the Associate Director of Financial Aid, Lisa Schrenger at to determine their eligibility. Grants and student loans may be used to cover study abroad expenses if eligibility permits.

If you wish to use your JCTC financial aid to help pay for a student abroad program, here are the steps you will need to follow:

  • Apply for financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and meet all requirements for file completion.
  • A consortium agreement may be required before aid can be considered for classes taken as part of a study abroad program. The Student Financial Aid Office will contact you via your KCTCS email if this is needed.
  • Meet with your academic advisor to verify the study abroad course is required as part of your degree plan at JCTC. Course work must apply to program plan.
  • Meet with campus student abroad representatives to explore the best study abroad options available if any.