THE ENVIRONMENT IS AT THE HEART OF JEFFERSON!
WE APPRECIATE THE HELP OF GOOD PEOPLE WHO HAVE COME BEFORE, BUT WE HAVE TO WORK HARDER TO TAKE CARE OF OUR NATURAL RESOURCES.
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Sustainable Solutions You can make a difference by considering the environment when you’re on campus!
- Use items, like reusable water bottles and travel mugs, instead of disposable products.
- Carpool with friends and neighbors or find other ways to commute, like walking, biking, or riding public transportation.
- Be an energy star! Turn off lights and equipment when you leave the room.
- Preview your document before you print to make sure you print only what you want. Don’t forget to print on both sides of the paper!
- Report leaks immediately for repair.
- And don’t forget to recycle at Jefferson! Most of the waste at the college can be recycled.
DO YOUR PART. BE IDLE FREE!
Each of us can have a positive impact on our air quality by turning the key in our own vehicles too. By working together, we can do our part to keep Louisville’s air healthy for ourselves, our families, and our community. So turn the key and be idle free! It’s easy, just remember to follow the 10 second rule. If you're going to be stopped in your car for more than 10 seconds, turn the engine off. You’ll save gas, reduce wear and tear on your vehicle, and minimize harmful emissions of air pollution.
SINGLE STREAM RECYCLING:
All Together Now! Now you can recycle all in one place:
- Mixed Paper
- Steel Cans
NO Styrofoam, food, or restroom waste! Just look for containers around campus that are labeled for recycling and true trash.
SINGLE STREAM RECYCLING IS JUST THAT EASY!
Get Involved! If you are interested in joining a Green Team, please contact Pamela Turner for more information!