The evaluation of transfer credit determines how Jefferson Community and Technical
College will accept another institution's credit towards a credential at Jefferson.
Please note: the institution awarding the credential determines how to accept the
transfer of credit.
Jefferson Equivalency Table:
Incoming students can view transfer equivalency data already established at Jefferson Community and Technical College. This information
is not all-encompassing and will be updated regularly as curriculum changes and new
equivalencies are added. To access this information please connect to Jefferson Community
and Technical College’s transfer equivalency database.
This transfer table does not reflect how other institutions accept credit from Jefferson
Community and Technical College. For this information please visit the Transfer Center.
Transfer of credits from Regionally Accredited Colleges:
Jefferson Community and Technical College awards credit for 100 and 200 level transfer
coursework taken at regionally accredited colleges or universities. Credit is recognized
credit hour for credit hour.
Quarter hours are recognized as two-thirds (2/3) of a semester hour.
Regionally Accrediting Agencies:
- Higher Learning Commission (formerly North Central Association of Colleges and Schools)
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges
International Transfer Credits:
- Transfer credit can also be awarded for courses completed at colleges and universities
outside of the United States based on recommendations from agencies which evaluate
coursework from foreign educational institutions.
- You can get a full list of the companies accepted by Jefferson online at http://www.naces.org/members.htm.
Transfer of credits from Non-Regionally Accredited Colleges: