General Transfer Guidelines
The evaluation of transfer credit determines how Jefferson Community and Technical College will accept another institution's credit towards a credential at Jefferson.
Please note: the institution awarding the credential determines how to accept the transfer of credit.
Jefferson Equivalency Table:
- Incoming students can view transfer equivalency data established for Kentucky public post-secondary schools.
- This information is not all-encompassing and will be updated regularly as curriculum changes.
- The current equivalencies available are based upon the 2010-2011 academic year.
- If you need an equivalency based on a 2011-2012 course please know that data may not be available at this time.
- Please check back periodically for this specific information.
- We will be updating the site as we have more information available from KCTCS.
Transfer of credits from Regionally Accredited Colleges:
Jefferson Community and Technical College awards credit for 100 and 200 level transfer coursework taken at regionally accredited colleges or universities. Credit is recognized credit hour for credit hour.
Quarter hours are recognized as two-thirds (2/3) of a semester hour.
Regionally Accrediting Agencies:
- Higher Learning Commission (formerly North Central Association of Colleges and Schools)
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges
International Transfer Credits:
- Transfer credit can also be awarded for courses completed at colleges and universities outside of the United States based on recommendations from agencies which evaluate coursework from foreign educational institutions.
- You can get a full list of the companies accepted by Jefferson online at http://www.naces.org/members.htm.
Transfer of credits from Non-Regionally Accredited Colleges:
Please contact your Transfer Evaluator Transcript Evaluator for validation process.