What is a Medicaid Nurse Aide?
A Medicaid Nurse Aide provides direct care for patients in multiple settings under the direction of a LPN or an RN. Medicaid Nurse Aides roles include providing for hygiene, comfort, exercise, safety as well as observing and reporting patient/client conditions. Often Medicaid Nurse Aides provide emotional support to clients as well as families during a healthcare encounter.
What are my career choices?
A few examples of workplaces in your local area:
- Long term care facilities
- Home Care Agencies
Medicaid Nurse Aide Training Programs:
- HST 104 (3.5 credit hours, includes CPR)
- NAA 100 (3.0 credit hours, doesn’t include CPR)
HST 104 Enrollment information
- To enroll in the Medicaid nurse aide courses:
- If you are not a current student, then you would need to enroll in the college.
- If you are a current student, then you can enroll by signing into your student-service online account.
- Students enrolling in HST 104, once enrolled will need to start checking their Jefferson
student email account for information about requirements that will need to be completed
before the 1st Day of Class.
- CastleBranch Background check,
- Drug Screening,
- 2 Step Skin TB Tests,
- Hepatitis B Vaccination
- Students enrolling in HST 104, once enrolled will need to start checking their Jefferson student email account for information about requirements that will need to be completed before the 1st Day of Class.
- Classes are available throughout the year.
- Please check the class schedule. Students can enroll in either class to prepare for going into the Nursing Program.
- Absence of Tuberculosis Symptoms form
- Hepatitis B Vaccination
- How to place an order with CastleBranch
- How to submit documents to CastleBranch
- HST 104 Enrollment
What are my degree, diploma, or certificate options?
- Student’s will receive a certificate of completion for these courses with a passing grade.
- Please apply below.
Medicaid Nurse Aide Certificate
Did you know by completing this course you are also eligible for a Jefferson Community and Technical College Certificate? What a way to celebrate your accomplishment and add to your resume by posting you have graduated from Jefferson with a certificate! You can earn your Medicaid Nurse Aide certificate while studying towards your associate degree. Students that earn this certificate are invited to participate in graduation and receive a printed credential! Apply now so you can celebrate a milestone towards your degree!
Kentucky Nurse Aide Certification State Testing (KNAT) for the Nurse Aide Registry
In order to be listed on the State Nurse Aide Registry, a student successfully completing the course must take the state written examination and skill competency evaluation.
Students are eligible to take the state certification exam for one year from the date that they completed their training.
- All test applicants must register to take the state exam in the Medicaid Nurse Aide Office: Located in the Health Sciences Hall – Room 450 (A) at 110 W. Chestnut Street, Louisville, KY 40202.
- Applicants must bring a completed training certificate and also a $75 fee, Examination fee is non-refundable.
- All test applicants must present a valid government picture ID (Driver’s License, Military ID, Passport) and a social security card on the date of the exam.
- NO LAMINATED SOCIAL SECURITY CARDS WILL BE ACCEPTED
This information should not be considered a substitute for the KCTCS Catalog. You should always choose classes in cooperation with your faculty advisor to ensure that you meet all degree requirements.