The radiography program is not taking applications at this time. The program will begin taking applications starting in January 2021 for the following fall.
What is Radiography?
The Radiography Program at Jefferson is a full-time 21 month Associate Degree program which combines academic and laboratory courses with high technology clinical instruction. A new class is accepted in late spring for the upcoming fall semester. A student will receive his/her clinical education in numerous hospitals located in the Louisville metropolitan region.
After completing the competency based education curriculum, a qualified student is eligible to take the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) certification examination. A prospective radiography student is advised that the ARRT examination board may not accept a student's application if he/she has been convicted of a felony.
The Radiography program does not offer certificates in volumetric imaging, limited radiography, or sonography.
What are my career options?
A few examples of workplaces in your local area:
- Outpatient clinics
- Forensic laboratories
- Medical research laboratories
- Pharmaceutical laboratories
- Lab equipment sales and services
- Colleges and universities.
What are my degree, diploma, or certificate options?
- After completing the competency based education curriculum, a qualified student is eligible to take the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) certification examination.
- A prospective radiography student is advised that the ARRT examination board may not accept a student's application if there has been a conviction of a felony.
- Students who have been convicted of, or plead guilty to, or plead no lo contendere to a crime, may request a pre-application review of the violation in order to obtain a ruling on the impact of their eligibility for examination.
- A special pre-application review form may be requested from the ARRT office.
Accreditation / Program Success
This program is accredited through October 2021.
Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRC)
20 N. Wacker Drive , Suite 2850
Chicago, IL 60606-3182
Documents for the Radiography Program
- Curriculum Guide
- Pre-Admission Conference Information
- Observation form
- Useful links
- Mission Statement, Goals, and Student Learning Outcomes
- Academic Program Plans (APP)
- Standards for an Accredited Educational Program in Radiography
The Radiography program is located on the Downtown Campus, in the Chestnut Hall. Students may choose to take all prerequisite and general education coursework at any Jefferson campus location.
Gainful Employment Disclosure Information
This information is provided in compliance with the Federal Gainful Employment regulations. As a public non-profit education institution, we are required to report the following information for certificate and diploma programs that meet gainful employment definitions (beginning July 1, 2011).
- Medical Office Limited Radiography - Undergraduate certificate
- Volumetric Medical Imaging - Undergraduate certificate
This information should not be considered a substitute for the KCTCS Catalog. You should always choose classes in cooperation with your faculty advisor to ensure that you meet all degree requirements.
Jefferson Community and Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, or mental or physical disability.