Mental Health Counseling
Jefferson has a solid partnership with Spalding University’s Center for Behavioral Health (CBH). CBH is a service and training facility housed within the School of Professional Psychology and provides comprehensive psychology evaluations and interventions. All Jefferson students have access to counseling services at no cost.
2021-2022 Academic Year Student Therapists, and CBH Liaisons:
For more information about the services at CBH, and to make an *appointment during Center hours with a Center for Behavioral Health Therapist, please contact:
The Center for Behavioral Health
851 South Fourth Street
Center Hours of Operation: Tuesday – Thursday 10 AM – 7 PM; Friday 9 AM - 6 PM (*CBH therapists may only return correspondence during Center hours, and appointments can be scheduled virtually or in person.)
CBH Access for ALL Jefferson Campuses:
In Person or Virtual Appointments
- Downtown and Technical Campuses – Chestnut Hall, Room 319.
- Bullitt Campus – Production Room, Room 115. Contact Security to obtain access.
- Carrollton Campus – Administrative Offices, Room 117B. Contact Security to obtain access.
- Shelby Campus – Administrative Offices, Room 104B. Contact Security to obtain access.
- Southwest Campus – Student Community Building (A). Please come to the Advising Center in Room 113 to obtain access or contact Security.
Additional Mental Health Resources
24/7 Adult Mental Health Crisis Hotline
502-589-4313 or 800-221-0446
Suicide and Self-Harm
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 800-273-8255
- Crisis Text Line: text “HOME” to 741741
- Self-Harm Text Hotline: Text CONNECT to 741741
- Seven Counties Services Adult Crisis Hotline: 502-589-4313
- Seven Counties Services Children’s Crisis Hotline: 502-589-8070
Rape and Domestic Violence Crisis Services
- Center for Women and Families 844-237-2331
Crisis Intervention for LGBTQ
- The Trevor Project 866-488-7386
Substance Abuse and Addiction
The Healing Place Men’s Campus
1020 W. Market Street
The Healing Place Women’s Campus
1503 S. 1st Street
Seven Counties Services Addiction Recovery Center (formerly JADAC)
606 S. Preston St.
24/7 Addiction Help 502-583-3951
Websites for substance abuse and addictions: