What Is Nursing?
The Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) Program is a Selective Admission program; potential nursing applicants must complete an application packet, which will be reviewed by the ADN Selective Admission’s Committee. Application to the college is a separate process from application to the nursing program. Nursing applications must be received in the Nursing Division office (Health Sciences Hall (HSH), room 442) by April 15 for the following Fall semester classes or by September 25 for the following Spring semester classes. Those who have completed all of the criteria required for Priority Admission may submit an application at any time to be considered for the next available opening; however, it is best to submit the application by the deadline.
What are my career options?
A few examples of workplaces in your local area:
- Outpatient surgery centers
- Community clinics
- Home healthcare
- Rehabilitation and nursing care facilities
- Correctional facilities
- Serve in the military
- Business and industry
- Travel companies
- Associate Degree Nursing Program Guide for Fall 2022 (DOC, 10 Pages)
- Preadmission conference information, it is mandatory to attend
- Shelby Campus Nursing Program
HESI A2 Entrance Exam
The HESI A2 Entrance Exam is a computerized test that can include up to seven academic exam sections, as well as a personality profile that identifies the applicant's learning style and is required for selective admission. All sections must be taken on the same assigned date and the cumulative time limit is 3.5 hours. The cost of the exam is approximately $58, subject to change without notice. Each question has a different point value, so it is to your advantage to answer every question. Please be aware that the last exam date before the admission deadline is April 12.
Steps to Register, Pay, and Select Exam Date for the HESI A2 Entrance Exam
- Register as a student on Evolve
- Go to http://evolve.elsevier.com
- Click on I’m a student
- Click on Sign-In in the upper right-hand corner
- (If you already have an account skip to Step 3 after login)
- If you are a new student, click on Create Account and fill in required fields
- Click Submit
- Register for HESI Testing Payment Link
- On bottom of main page - Click on Register for Results and Remediation
- You should see HESI Assessment HESI Registration
- Click on Register
- Click on Checkout/Redeem
- Make a testing payment
- Click on the My Evolve at the top of the screen
- Click on HESI Assessment Student Access
- Click on Payments tab
- Type in Payment ID 22873
- Click Search Complete Billing Information
- Click Proceed to CheckoutIf you are having issues with the process above, a representative can assist you. Please call 800.222.9570 and select the student prompt.
- After you have completed the Checkout process click here to select your exam date.
The associate degree in nursing program at Jefferson Community and Technical College at the Downtown Campus located in Louisville, KY, is accredited by the,Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) 3343 Peachtree Road NE Suite 850 Atlanta, GA 30326 (404)975-5000
The most recent accreditation decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioners for the associate degree in nursing program is accredited. View the public information disclosed by the ACEN regarding this program at http://www.acenursing.us/accreditedprograms/programSearch.htm
Jefferson Community and Technical College is accredited by The Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACSCOC).
- Graduates’ success on the licensure and/or certification examination:
- 2020: 96%
- Students’ completion of the nursing program: 63%
- Graduates obtaining a job:
- Graduate Job Placement Rates, 2020: 99% of respondents, 6-12 months post-graduation were employed as an RN.