What Is Nursing?
The Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) Program is a Selective Admission program; potential nursing applicants must complete an application packet, which will be reviewed by the ADN Selective Admission’s Committee. Application to the college is a separate process from application to the nursing program. Nursing applications must be received in the Nursing Division office (Health Sciences Hall (HSH), room 442) by April 15 for the following Fall semester classes or by September 25 for the following Spring semester classes. Those who have completed all of the criteria required for Priority Admission may submit an application at any time to be considered for the next available opening; however, it is best to submit the application by the deadline.
What are my career options?
A few examples of workplaces in your local area:
- Outpatient surgery centers
- Community clinics
- Home healthcare
- Rehabilitation and nursing care facilities
- Correctional facilities
- Serve in the military
- Business and industry
- Travel companies
- Associate Degree Nursing Program Guide for Spring 2022 (DOC, 10 Pages)
- Preadmission conference information, it is mandatory to attend
- Shelby Campus Nursing Program
NLN Pre-Admission Exam-RN (PAX-RN)
The PAX-RN is a National League for Nursing (NLN) standardized, computerized test that measures proficiency in Verbal ability (comprehension and vocabulary), Math, and Science at the 12th grade level. All three sections must be taken on the same assigned date. Each section has 40-70 questions and the cumulative time limit is 3 hours for the exam, calculated at 1.3 minutes per question. There is no limit to the number of times you may take the exam; however, you cannot test twice on the same day.
Applicants must take this exam, and score a minimum of 105 composite, with a minimum of 50 in the Verbal Percentile Rank to be considered for admission into the Associate Degree Nursing Program at Jefferson Community & Technical College (JCTC). Results can be printed anywhere from 45 minutes to 6 hours following the computer-based exam, or retrieved from the NLN website for up to one year after the exam, free of charge. This means you must remember your username and password. A printed copy of the results must be submitted for application to the Associate Degree Nursing (A.D.N.) Program; results are not sent to the college.
NLN testing services has launched a new website www.nlntest.org that will allow our institution to utilize remote proctoring. The cost of the exam is approximately $55, subject to change without notice. Please utilize the Student Guidebook, which has all system requirements, directions to complete the steps below with screenshots, information regarding user agreements and an FAQ-Frequently Asked Questions. Please be aware that the exam must be completed by September 23, 2021, at 4:00 PM.
- Create new account at www.nlntest.org
- Set up your password
- Login to the site again
- Click "Buy Exam"
- Select the PAX Hyflex Proctorio (exam named Pre-Admission Exam Verbal) then you must start the exam immediately. Or you may schedule the exam at Jefferson Community and Technical College, Downtown Campus.
- Pay with credit card (cost for exam and proctoring is approximately $55.00; subject to change without notice)
- Click on "My Assessments"
The associate degree in nursing program at Jefferson Community and Technical College at the Downtown Campus located in Louisville, KY, is accredited by the,Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) 3343 Peachtree Road NE Suite 850 Atlanta, GA 30326 (404)975-5000
The most recent accreditation decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioners for the associate degree in nursing program is accredited. View the public information disclosed by the ACEN regarding this program at http://www.acenursing.us/accreditedprograms/programSearch.htm
Jefferson Community and Technical College is accredited by The Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACSCOC).
- Graduates’ success on the licensure and/or certification examination:
- 2020: 96%
- Students’ completion of the nursing program: 71%
- Graduates obtaining a job:
- Graduate Job Placement Rates, 2020: 99% of respondents, 6-12 months post-graduation were employed as an RN.