- Remind students that a massive College Transfer Fair every Fall semester.
- Workshops and Information Session on campus (see Transfer Center Events for listings)
- Transfer Center website. Newly updated with the most current info!
- New transfer APPs posted for Spalding, Sullivan, etc.
- Students at every campus have access to Great Transfer Advisors!
- Carrollton Campus:
- Heather Yocum
- Phone: 502-213-5216
- Downtown Campus:
- Shelby County Campus:
- Phone: 502-213-3613
- Southwest Campus:
- Julie Branham
- Office: Advising Center in Student Community Building
- Phone: 502-213-7377
- Tech Campus:
- Kaye Lafferty
- Office: Building B, Room 109
- Phone: 502-213-4272
- Carrollton Campus:
Talking Points - Students need to:
- Determine a major. Research majors and job market
- Sign up for a CollegeFish account . This free software allows students to compare colleges, costs, access information on scholarships, application procedures and recruitment opportunities. Go Fishing!!!
- Determine what type of College/University will be the best fit - research college programs (school website, college fairs, etc.)
- Stay on track to obtain a degree in a timely manner. Meet with Transfer Advisor AND an advisor from your transfer school. Understand the APP (Academic Program Plan) and complete the courses which satisfy JCTC s graduation requirements and the requirements for your four-year degree.
- Select your transfer College/ University and apply for admission
- Apply early! Be aware of school deadlines- application, scholarships, etc. Many scholarships have early deadlines!
- Online applications can be found under admissions or talk to the university rep on campus.
- How do students know the classes to take?
- Academic Program Plans for many universities and degrees are available on the advising and transfer websites, talk to a Transfer Advisor, or contact the university.
- What classes transfer?
- Most academic classes transfer as either a degree requirement or elective. SOME universities will take tech classes.
- Do grades count?
- Absolutely for scholarships, admission to selective programs, and for cumulative GPA for grad school.
- Transfer scholarships?
- Yes! All KY publics and most privates have transfer specific scholarships. Apply early!