Whether you’re a high school student, a returning student or just looking to take a class on the side, following these steps will make your admissions experience easy!
Submit the Application for Admission.
It's free, and it only takes about 15 minutes to complete. To get started, you'll need:
- An email address that we can use to contact you.
- Name and address of the high school you have attended.
- Name and address of any colleges you have attended.
Start Your Application
Submit your final high school or GED transcript electronically.
- High School transcripts and GED transcripts can be ordered online.
- JCPS graduates can also order their transcript directly from JCPS.
- Dual Credit Students: You can send your non-KCTCS dual credit college transcript(s) electronically through National Student Clearinghouse, Parchment, or Credentials Solutions.
- Note: If you have not graduated from high school yet, we will need your final high school transcript that includes your graduation date.
Send us your test scores or sign up for online placement testing.
- In light of COVID restrictions, new students can also use a qualifying high school GPS (2.2 or higher) for placement.
- If you have not met the high school GPA requirement, you may need to submit additional test scores.
- We have assessment centers located at five of our campuses.
- ACT and KYOTE scores can be submitted on a high school transcript. Students can also request ACT scores online.
Explore Financial Aid - file your FAFSA.
Request your Orientation by filling our the SOAR Form.
- At Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration (SOAR), you will meet with an Academic Advisor to register for your classes. You will also have the chance to meet with a Financial Aid representative to go over your FAFSA or scholarship status.
- If you have any questions, need help, or are unable to complete the SOAR form, please reach out to us at JF-Orientation@kctcs.edu or 502-213-2624.
- Don't forget to set up your KCTCS User Account. If you have any questions or need help, please visit our 24/7 Student Service Center or call 855-246-5282.
Meet Your Admissions Team
Need Help Getting Started?
If you have questions about admissions, transcripts, courses or financial aid, feel free to connect with a member of our admissions team!