What companies are eligible for KCTCS-TRAINS funding?
- All companies* in the Commonwealth of Kentucky are eligible for KCTCS-TRAINS funding.
- *Government agencies, non-profit organizations and educational institutions are not
- KCTCS-TRAINS will support projects for:
- existing Kentucky companies that are requiring employees to learn new skills in their
- companies that are contributing to Kentucky s economic development
When can you apply for KCTCS-TRAINS?
- Companies can apply at any time; projects are reviewed on a daily basis.
What is the process for obtaining KCTCS-TRAINS funding?
- Contact your local college Workforce Solutions department to obtain more information.
- The college will complete the application and submit the project for approval.
Can KCTCS-TRAINS funds be used for in-house training?
- No, KCTCS-TRAINS does not fund in-house training.
- Bluegrass State Skills Corporation provides funding for company in-house training.
Can KCTCS-TRAINS be used to pay for employee wages while in training or on-the-job-training?
- No, KCTCS-TRAINS does not pay for employee wages or on-the-job-training.
- Bluegrass State Skills Corporation provides funding for on-the-job-training.
What type of training is funded by KCTCS-TRAINS?
- Most of the customized training programs delivered to business and industry by a KCTCS
college is eligible for funding.
Is there a dollar limit on KCTCS-TRAINS funding?
- No, all usual and customary fees charged by the college are eligible for funding.
What is the time limit on KCTCS-TRAINS projects?
- All projects are funded for a period of one year.
How many times can a company apply for KCTCS-TRAINS funding?
- There is no limit on the number of times a company can receive funding.
What is the company cash match for KCTCS-TRAINS projects?
- Companies are required to pay 50% of the cost and KCTCS-TRAINS reimburses the college
directly for the remaining 50%.
- Colleges will work with the company to identify a schedule for invoicing and companies
are invoiced after services are delivered.
Can equipment be purchased for companies using KCTCS-TRAINS?
- No, KCTCS-TRAINS will not purchase equipment for a company.
- Equipment may be purchased for a project but will remain the property of KCTCS-TRAINS.
- The cost of the equipment is not included in the company cash match.