ScionHealth Care Funds
Please do not complete the application more than once. You will receive a response as soon as possible.
The ScionHealth Care Funds support student success by removing financial obstacles resulting from an unforeseen emergency related to health and hygiene that without assistance would prevent a student from continuing their education at Jefferson Community and Technical College. The Fund is an initiative of the Jefferson Foundation and funded through the generous support of a corporate sponsor.
Students may request up to $250 in funds per calendar year. Students may request more than once per year, not to exceed $250 in total.
Examples of Covered Expenses:
- Clothing essentials
- Essential Utility bills related to health and wellness
- Bedding/air mattress
- Pest control items
- Lice removal kits
- Small appliance/cookware
Expenses Generally Not Covered:
- Health Insurance
- Non-essential utilities (i.e. – cable)
- Household or furniture costs not related to damage or theft
- Parking tickets, fines, or legal expenses
- Costs for entertainment, recreation, non-emergency travel or other non-essential expenses
- I am enrolled into a minimum of 3 credit hours at Jefferson Community and Technical College.
- I am attending class regularly.
- I agree to success coaching and follow up from a Hub Success Coach.
If you answered YES to ALL questions above, you are eligible to apply. Please follow the application instructions listed below.
- Complete the Jefferson Care Fund application at the bottom of this page.
- Submit application.
- You will be contacted by the Jefferson Care Fund Coordinator via email or phone once the application has been received and reviewed. The coordinator will be your point of contact for the Jefferson Care Fund and may have follow-up questions or need additional information before an award decision is made. Please be sure to respond to any communications regarding the request so it can be reviewed and award decisions can be made in a timely manner.