F-1 Admissions Process
- Complete a Jefferson Community and Technical College application for admission. The application should be completed online (for free).
- Submit proof of completing secondary education.
- Include notarized English translations if necessary. Official transcripts from previous universities you attended must be submitted to Jefferson Community and Technical College during your first semester of attendance at Jefferson. Students who attended college or university outside of the U.S. must submit an official course-by-course evaluation of their transcripts. Go to www.naces.org for a listing of accepted international transcript evaluation services.
- Submit proof of English proficiency.
- If English is not your primary language spoken in your home and during all years of your education, submit proof of English proficiency.
- Jefferson Community and Technical College CAN NOT give the Form I-20 to students who are still learning English or need ESL classes.
- Proof of your English skills may be any of the following:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language): The minimum score for admission is 61 on the iBT, 500 on the PBT. Test scores must be sent directly to Jefferson Community and Technical College by the testing service. Jefferson’s school code for the TOEFL is 1328. For information about the TOEFL, visit the website www.toefl.org
- Training Programs: Proof of English proficiency may also be successful completion of the advanced level of the University of Louisville Intensive English as a Second Language Program, or successful completion of the fifth level of the University of Kentucky English as a Second Language Program.
- College English 101 and 102: Completion of College English 101 and 102, or its equivalent, with a minimum grade of B from an accredited American institution is sufficient proof of your English skills.
- Submit proof of $18,344 U.S. of financial support.
- See “financial information” pages for an explanation of expenses. Submit a copy of the biographical page of your passport. If you currently have F-1 status and are transferring from a school in the U.S., submit the Transfer Report Form, and copies of your current F-1 visa, I-94 arrival information and current I-20.
- Complete the F-1 Student Transfer Report Form if you currently have F-1 status and are transferring from a school in the U.S.
- Submit all documents by email to email@example.com or mail them to:
International Admissions Office
Jefferson Community and Technical College
109 East Broadway
Louisville, KY 40202